Francis "Frank" D. Brown Family Group Sheet
Francis "Frank" D. Brown was b. 10 Feb. 1802, probably in Jefferson County, Georgia, son of Francis Brown and Mary ?. He died 25 April 1879 in Lincoln Co. MS, where he was living with his cousin. He married between 1820 and 1823 in Covington Co. MS (where records were destroyed) to Elizabeth Coulter.
This location is reserved for an image of Frank and Elizabeth Brown.
Elizabeth Coulter b.c. 1805 GA died 18 Feb. 1864 in St. Tammany Parish, LA. She was either the daughter of Peter Coulter or his brother, John M. Coulter. Because she stayed behind when John M. moved north and eventually to Arkansas, and because John M.'s daughter Elizabeth, about the same exact age, was believed to have died young, I am guessing she is Peter's daughter. But, there is no way to prove which is her father. I have proven that she could be either.
This section is reserved for other images of Frank and Elizabeth Brown.
- George D. Brown b.c.1824 Williamsburg, Covington Co. MS, died 2 July 1900 Lake Charles, Calcasieu Parish, LA, buried in Graceland Cemetery. He married Mary E. Moye 16 May 1850 in St. Tammany Parish, Elizabeth ? between 1853 and 1856, and Felician (maybe Greuss?), a Barker widow between 1864 and 1871. Only child by his first wife was Susan Elizabeth Brown who m. John Bullock. Children by second wife: Francis "Frank" who died in 1880, probably a fireman who lost his life in a fire, Corine, Georgiana who m. a Tracy. By his third wife, he had two more daughters, Louella "Lulu" A. who m. Harvey T. Hurd, and Mattie. George was in Co. F. of the 7th MS Reg. during the Civil War. He signed up in Marion Co. MS.
- Mary Brown b.c. 1829 Mississippi, d.c. 1863 Jones Co. MS, m.c. 1844 to John C. Holifield of Jones Co. MS. He was called "Cow John" and Mary Brown was his second wife. They had 10 children: James M. who m. Sarah Catherine Rivers and Cornelia Azaline Geiger; Joshua O. who m. Mary Ann Jackson and Clora Saline McCary; Elizabeth who m. John C. Rivers; Nancy who m. Jeff G. Hester; Sarah Jane who m. Albert H. Holifield; Moses H. who m. Mary D. Sumrall and Martha Ann Murray; John J. who m. Amanda Windham; Elijah who m. Callie Lowe; Martha Jane who m. William Thomas Johnson; and an infant buried in Horeb Baptist Cemetery in Covington Co., most likely a first child.
- Susan Jane Brown b. c. 1832 Mississippi, m. 17 march 1859 St. Tammany Parish, LA to Henry Keller, Jr., brother to Martha Ann Keller. Children: Sarah Matilda, John Thomas who m. Pharmus Bates and 2 others; Sophia, Johanna, Louisa A. who m. Columbus Washington Bush; William H., Henry A. who m. Annett Henry; Rachel Delphine who m. Asa Jarrell; Everett E. who m. Sarah Edna Dupriest.
- John Marson (Morrison) Brown b. 10 July 1836 Clarke Co. MS, d. 17 Feb. 1910 Hardin Co. TX, buried Knupple Cemetery in Silbee, TX. Married Martha Ann Keller 7 March 1861 St. Tammany Parish, LA.
- Ann Louisa Brown b.c. 1839 Mississippi, married William S. Barker 1 Jan. 1855 St. Tammany Parish, LA. Children: John A. who m. Sarah Ann Fitzgerald, Elizabeth, Samuel, Matthew. Stepchildren were Margaret, Francis, and Uriah Barker, children of Mary Ann Brown Glass Barker.
- Sara Mathilda Brown b.c. 1845 Mississippi, m. 25 Feb. 1863 St. Tammany Parish, LA to William Joseph Glass, stepson of William S. Barker above, and Vincent Populus Jr. 7 Dec. 1878. Children of Sara Brown and William Glass:Margaret "Maggie" who m. R. J. Green, Eliza, George who m. Missouri Simmons, Mary "molly", Thomas J. who m. Mary Smith, and Jenny.
Credit: My appreciation to Connee Brown Krueger, 24 March 2002, for her contribution of Francis D. Brown's family group sheet.
- Click BROWN to go up to Francis D. Brown's parents.
- Click COULTER to go up to her parents.